Call us Now +91-8744012053
Mon - Sat ~ 10:00 AM - 6:00 PMFollow & Like
It’s highly likely that at some point the dog owners have fed their dog scraps from the dinner table. This act of giving your canine companion any food may seem like a loving, harmless gesture, but actually there is a wide variety of negative health effects certain foods can have on your pet. Some foods may cause only minor discomfort, whereas some others can lead to many digestive problems or even death. Therefore, you should avoid giving following food to your dog:
1) One of the most widely known hazardous foods for your dog is chocolate. It contains a compound called Theobromine, which is a diuretic and cardiac stimulant. If taken in large doses, it can cause your dog to have diarrhoea and can cause vomiting.
2) Other food you should avoid is grapes. Grapes, currants and raisins can cause damage to your dog’s kidneys.
3) You should avoid onions and garlic, as these contain a toxic ingredient called Thiosulphate and can lead to anaemia in your dog.
4) You should avoid avocados, as every component of avocados, from the leaves to the seeds, can cause diarrhoea and vomiting.
5) Coffee and tea are also not good for your canine friend because like chocolate, these food products can cause diarrhoea, vomiting, and is harmful to the heart and nervous systems of your dog.
6) Milk and other dairy products can also cause diarrhoea in your dog.
8) Raw eggs is also not good for your dog, as an enzyme called “avidin” is found in raw eggs which decreases the absorption of vitamin B that ultimately causes skin and coat problems.
9) You should avoid raw meat because harmful bacteria like Salmonella and E.coli can be present in raw meat that can cause diarrhoea and vomiting
10) Yeast dough can expand the digestive system of your dog, leading to pain and a potential rupture of the stomach or intestines.