10 Reasons Why Cats are Better Than Dogs
Which is the better pet between cat and dog is a bone of contention among pet lovers, but there are several indisputable reasons that clearly show that cats have an edge. Here are 10 reasons why cats are considered better than dogs:
- Cats keep the bugs down, as they are fascinated by crawling things or little winged creatures and are known as master exterminators.
- Cats are more independent and need less care, so you can leave your feline companion at home alone for long periods of time. But dogs are dependent on their owners and need someone to look after them at all times.
- Your neighbors will never complaint that your cat is meowing too loudly. But, a dog can ruin your neighbor’s sleep as well as your friendship with them.
- Cats do not chew up your slippers, table legs, shoes and other valuables, and their breath does not stink.
- Cats do not need to be walked or exercised, they can walk themselves. On the other hand, a dog will tend to be more aggressive if he does not get enough exercise.
- It costs less to feed a cat than a dog. A dog needs high-quality dog food and treats, whereas cats require only a few cans of premium cat food that can last for many days.
- Cats have perfect hygiene and they are not as filthy and smelly as dogs.
- Cats treat your guests politely, as they often take time to observe new arrivals at home from afar before acknowledging them with a tail twitch. But, a dog often starts barking and pawing at him/her.
- Dogs poop in public, whereas cats use a litter box.
- Cats take much better care of their toys; therefore, there is no need of purchasing toys for your feline friend again and again.