10 Tips To Care For Golden Retriever Puppy
According to the AKC report 2014, Golden Retriever is one of the most popular dog breeds in the world. If you also have brought a newborn golden retriever puppy to your home, you need to be extra careful in handling him. It is significant to note that newborn golden retrievers should not be handled like human babies. In this article, I will suggest you 10 tips that will definitely help you to take care of a newborn golden retriever effectively.
Before owning golden retriever, it is necessary to know about his temperament– Know everything about golden retriever temperament
- Ideally, it is better to allow the mother of golden retriever puppy to take its care and responsibility. The puppy must be allowed to stay with his mother and the litter for the first few days.
- The puppy owner must take care of the puppy as well as its mother and ensure that they are totally comfortable and at ease. Mother as well as the puppy must be fed properly and their nutritional demands must be met properly.
- A newborn golden retriever puppy may have a lot of needs and its mother can take better care of its growing needs. In the initial few weeks of a puppy’s life, the presence of his mother will help him to adjust well.
- Since, initially, the puppy is non-explorative, it requires more attention as far its safety is concerned. Mother as well as the dog owner must take care of the highly vulnerable puppy.
- Proper diet and clean water must be provided to the mother, especially if she is nursing her baby. It is important to ensure that high quality ingredients are available in the food being provided to the mother and the kid so that their nutritional requirements are met in the most effective manner. I have listed some good commercial foods that are must have for the mother of new born puppy:
- There should be adequate space for the mother and the puppy and they should have reasonable privacy. The area must be as quiet as possible. If there are too many visitors, the mother and the baby may feel stressed, which is not good for both of them.
- If there is no mother to take care of it’s baby, you need to be extra careful while handling a newborn puppy as initially, the puppy is too fragile and mishandling him may inadvertently hurt him.
- Puppies need a lot of care, warmth, love and perfect nutrition for their proper growth and development. You can ensure that your delicate puppy has a separate space of the carrier where it can sleep without any disturbance.
- Make sure that clean water and proper food is easily and timely accessible for him. During winters, you can make the puppies wear something warm so that they are comfortable and do not catch cold.
- Timely vaccinations and regular checkups will also help the puppy to stay comfortable and grow well
You can get some more useful idea to raise neonatal newborn puppies by watching this YouTube video.