7 Dog Breeds That Love to HUG their Humans.
Are you one of those wanting a super friendly pet dog that follows you all around like a shadow? Are you looking for a pup with an insatiable appetite for hugs? We all have preferences regarding the kind of dog we want to own. Some individuals may want a fierce guard dog while others may want one that mirrors their own sociable & loving persona. Here’s a lowdown on pooches that will love to be by your side no matter where you go. Hope this piece helps you select the perfect mate for your home.
Labradors are the most popular dog breed in America and rightly so! image:dogtime.com
- Labrador retrievers: Extremely friendly and fun to be with. They will perfectly suit a dog loving family with children. Labradors are charged up when it comes to outings with their human family. It is an extrovert dog that enjoys meeting new people and is quite welcoming when it comes to other pets/dogs.
Dog fresco drawings that resemble Great Dane have been found on Egyptian monuments as old as 3000 B.C, and even mentioned in Chinese writings dating back to 1121 B.C. image- dogs.lovetoknow.com
- Great Dane: It ain’t called gentle giant for nothing! A size that big houses a big warm heart. A Great Dane simply loves clinging to his/her owner. It will try its best to sit in your lap, irrespective of its huge structure. In case it realizes that it is unable to fit, the big guy will try and lounge beside you on the sofa. Great Danes are mischievous and would charm you with their funny disposition. They are also quite friendly towards other animals and unfamiliar human visitors. Their goal often is to be loved by their family and also strangers that they might come across in their day to day lives.
Dudley Coutts Marjoribanks who was also known Lord Tweedmouth, developed the goden retriver while living in Scotland circa late 19th Century. The breed is believed to be 4th smartest dog breed after Border Collies, Poodles, and German Shepherds. Image: YouTube
- Golden Retrievers: They rightly fit the category of super friendly dogs and capable of holding one of the top spots on the list. They get along well with humans of all ages. They are very graceful around children, strangers and other pets. This breed is energetic as well as outgoing with a penchant for belly rubs!
Image Courtesy: Reza Chatrath / Australia
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniel: This dog breed can rightly be called a crowd pleaser. Cavalier king Charles Spaniels are absolute sweethearts that were originally bred to give company to humans. They aren’t very active though but continue to justify the tag of a perfect companion till date. If you have small children in the house or frequent guests then this breed is all that you need to complete your family. As they are extremely calm, friendly and loving around humans. This dog needs more of its owner’s love than anything else in this world and may not be able to perform well in loneliness. It certainly does not like being left alone for a long period.
The word BEAGLE translates to “loudmouthed” in French. Image – www.pawculture.com
- Beagle: Another friendly dog breed that will love to hang out with you is the Beagle. They are amazing around kids as well as adults. This breed is playful, outgoing and enjoys making friends with new people.
- English Bulldog: A Bulldog is known to have an amusing character. This dog will simply love to lay by your side and snore away to dreamland. A laid back attitude is interspersed with a little of exercise time each day. Bulldogs are also quite comfortable in the presence of strangers. It is a docile breed that will perfectly gel well with a warm human family.
- Chihuahua: It is a toy breed that was purely bred to offer a delightful companionship and snuggle its way into the owner’s heart. This breed is ideal for people who live in small-sized condominiums. Chihuahua is just like a little baby that would love to jump onto your lap and doze off while you cuddle and smother it in your warmth. This breed does well around children and early socialization helps it to be welcoming towards strangers. Image: https://www.petinsurance.com
Cuddles have a greater healing power than any known remedy for that matter. Endless warm hugs from our furry monsters are all that we need for a good life. Those contemplating on dog adoption, give one of the above cuddle buddies a chance to be part of your humble abode and see the difference it brings to your life. Share your bonding pics with us, like the one below at email@example.com or post it on fb/petsworldindia
For now, just go and Hug ur Dog!