Call us Now +91-8744012053
Mon - Sat ~ 10:00 AM - 6:00 PMFollow & Like
Yes, dogs can be allergic to the bee stings just like humans. As some people are allergic to the bee stings while others are not, so it is with the dogs. Bee sting can be life-threatening in severe cases, whereas in the milder ones it can simply be painful. Being a pet owner, your job is three-fold i.e.:
After a bee sting, the allergic dogs may experience hives and swelling. More severe reactions can include diarrhea, vomiting, and trouble breathing. You should take necessary action to reduce your dog’s discomfort as soon as he is stung by the bee. If you see severe reaction in your pet, take him immediately to the vet.
You can follow below mentioned steps to treat a dog from the bee stings:
1. Be prepared for the emergencies and ask your vet ahead of time about over-the-counter cures for bee stings, including oral antihistamine like Benadryl. Your vet can suggest you what antihistamine is best suitable for your dog and its proper dosage.
2. You should remove the stinger from the skin of your dog using a pair of tweezers so as to prevent more venom from being released into the dog’s body. Hold the tweezers parallel to the skin of dog and move it gently across the skin.
3. You should wash the wound using a mild soap and damp wash cloth. After this apply ice pack so as to reduce the swelling. Wrap the ice pack in a soft towel and apply it for no more than five minutes at a time.
4.Observe your dog for the allergic signs. If he appears shaky, weak or has difficulty in breathing he may be experiencing anaphylactic shock.
5. You can relieve the pain of your dog by administering a baking soda poultice. For making it, mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda with just enough water and create a thick paste. After this apply this mixture over the stung area of dog’s skin.
6.You should seek vet attention immediately if you detect signs of a severe allergic reaction to the sting.