Call us Now +91-8744012053
Mon - Sat ~ 10:00 AM - 6:00 PMFollow & Like
Everyone wants to have a happy and safe Halloween for themselves and their pets. There are lots of simple ways that help you to keep your pets safe on Halloween, when injuries and accidents are more likely to occur. Using below mentioned safety tips can help you make the most of your Halloween season:
2. You should keep wires and cords from electric lights and other decorations out of the reach of your pets. If they are chewed by your pet, they might suffer burns or cuts, or may receive a life-threatening electrical shock.
3. You should keep the lit candles and jack-o-lanterns out of reach of your pets. Further, do not add a candle on carved pumpkin, as your pets can easily knock a lit pumpkin over and cause a fire.
4. Popular Halloween plants like decorative corn and pumpkins are considered to be nontoxic, but they can produce stomach upset in pets, if they nibble on them.
5. You should make sure that your pet is properly identified (collar, microchip, or ID tag) in case he escapes through the open door while you are distracted with trick-or-treaters. Further, while opening the door for trick-or-treaters, take care that your pet doesn’t dart outside.
6. If you are planning to put a Halloween costume on your pet, make sure that the costume fits properly and is comfortable to the pets. It should not have any piece that can easily be chewed off by the pet, and should not interfere with your pet’s hearing, breathing, opening its mouth, or moving.
7. You should take time to get your pet accustomed to the costume before the Halloween, and never leave your pet unsupervised while he is wearing the costume.
8.You should not put your pet in a costume unless you know he loves it. If your pet seems distressed or shows abnormal behavior, consider letting him go without costume. Furthermore, ill-fitting outfits can get twisted on external objects or your pet, leading to injury.
9. You should keep glow jewelry and glow sticks away from the pets. Although these products aren’t toxic, the liquid of these products tastes really bad and makes your pet salivate excessively and act strangely
10. Too many strangers can be scary and stressful for your pets. If your pet is wary of strangers or has a tendency to bite the strangers, put him in another room during the trick-or-treating hours or provide him with a safe place to hide.