Call us Now +91-8744012053
Mon - Sat ~ 10:00 AM - 6:00 PMFollow & Like
Beagles are loyal, intelligent and fun-loving breed that enjoy human company and are found to be excellent with kids. This breed of dogs possesses a medium-length coat and comes in several colors, including tri-color, red and white and blue tick. An average adult beagle weighs anywhere between 20 and 25 pounds and is around 15 inches tall. These cute looking dogs require special care to ensure that they live a happy and long life. In this article, I will suggest you eight tips to care your beagle puppy. Let’s begin.
1. Bring at least eight weeks old puppy- You should get a beagle puppy from a reputed breeder and it is advisable to bring one that is more than eight weeks old.
2. Bring puppy accessories- Before bringing the beagle puppy home, you should make a list of things that will be required such as water and food bowl, dog bed, grooming accessories (brush, nail clippers, comb, conditioner, toothpaste, puppy shampoo, etc.), harness and tag, toys (including snugly and chewy ones), puppy food, etc
3. How to feed you puppy- You should feed the puppy three times a day- once in the morning, once in the afternoon and once in the evening. You can give the puppy approximately one-half a cup of kibble at each sitting. Feed the beagle puppy the same food as was given by its breeder or wherever it was being fed, as a drastic change in its food supply could greatly affect delicate digestive system.
You should give the puppy water at each meal, which will help you to monitor when your puppy will need to be taken outside to void. It will also make potty training much simpler. Further, wash your puppy’s food bowls daily with warm water and a little dish soap, as it will prevent illness, bacteria from growing, and make each meal time more enjoyable.
4. Keep doors and windows closed- Beagle puppies are infamous for escapes; therefore, you should keep the doors and gates closed. If you are taking your dog out, it must be always kept on a leash. In addition to this, make sure to fence the yard. Further, you should remove all those articles that can pose the danger of choking, if swallowed by the beagle puppy.
5. Vaccination is very important- You should take your beagle puppy to the vet for vaccinations, as soon as possible and must follow the vet’s instructions regarding vaccinations required by the puppy. The vet will also suggest other medication for preventing certain medical conditions that this breed of dogs is prone too.
6. Clean your puppies- Brushing of beagle puppies must be done almost daily, though frequent washing is not required. You should use a hound glove for this purpose, as it will remove the shed hair. A flea comb is useful for removing dirt and fleas (if any) from the coat. In addition to brushing, make sure to wipe their eyes and ears. You should keep an eye on beagle’s larger ears, as they can easily become infected.
7. Training is equally important- Beagle puppy proper training is one of the most important aspects of caring. You start potty training of beagle puppy from the very first day. Furthermore, Beagles can be stubborn; therefore, obedience training is a must. You can train beagles with small rewards and treats.
You can also enroll your puppy in an obedience class that will help to socialize you puppy with other dogs. These active and energetic puppies require regular exercise; therefore, you must take the dog out for short walks daily. You should spend some time with the dog, as they love the company of family members. If possible, avoid leaving the beagle puppy alone in the house, at least during the initial days.
8. Things to avoid-