A complete dietetic food for adult cats suffering from temporary or chronic renal insufficiency; also helps to reduce oxalate stone formation.
- Low level of phosphorus, calcium and vitamin D
- Includes urine alkalising properties
- Promotes expansion of small blood vessels in the kidneys for improved renal filtration
- Beet pulp, Fructooligosaccharides (FOS) and special minerals for healthy digestive system
Description about the product
Royal Canin Veterinary Diet for renal support has been formulated to care for your adult cat suffering from renal issues. To improve the functioning of kidneys, the level of phosphorus has been reduced. High quality and highly digestible proteins (also called Low Indigestible Proteins), are included in the wholesome diet to support healthy renal functioning. The formation of oxalate stones is discouraged by lowering the levels of calcium and vitamin D, and by having urine alkalising substances in the food.
The veterinary diet aids the dilation of small blood vessels in kidneys, which leads to reduction of pressure in the filtration unit, resulting in improved renal filtration. A unique formula of antioxidants is used to empower the natural defences of the body against free radicals. Fermentable fibres and certain special minerals support the health of the digestive system.
- Chronic renal failure (CRF)
- Management of calcium oxalate urolith recurrence in cats with impaired renal function
- Prevention of recurrence of urolithiasis requiring urine alkalinisation: urate & cystine uroliths
Not recommended for:
Maize flour, rice, animal fats, wheat gluten*, maize gluten, vegetable fibres, hydrolysed animal proteins, soya protein isolate*, minerals, beet pulp, fish oil, soya oil, fructo-oligo-saccharides.
Nutritive Additives (per kg): Vitamin A: 22000 IU, Vitamin D3: 800 IU, E1 (Iron): 53 mg, E2 (Iodine): 4 mg, E4 (Copper): 9 mg, E5 (Manganese): 69 mg, E6 (Zinc): 227 mg - Preservatives - Antioxidants.
*L.I.P.: protein selected for its very high assimilation.
Important It is recommended that a veterinarians opinion be sought before use or before extending the period of use.