Poodle Hair Care and Grooming Tips
Poodle is an intelligent and elegant dog standing straight dog with a sculpt-able, distinctive coat of thick and coiled hair. The poodle is one of the most well liked breeds of dog among the pet-lovers. On the other hand, as is quite palpable from the poodle’s coat that grooming these dogs is time-consuming, demanding, and fun as well, mainly since it is a great time to create a stronger bond with your pampered poodle. It is true that grooming is essential for all dog species, it is necessary for poodles up to a great extent. Grooming helps preventing several issues relating skin, coat, hair,etc and make your dog live a happy and healthy life. Here are some of the hair care and grooming tips that will help you taking care of your poodle in the best way.
- Poodle’s hair care: The poodle’s hair need sheer attention. Brushing their hair every day helps keeping the hair mats away. Most of the expert groomers recommend the combing and brushing of the dogs on the regular basis. You should use both slicker and bristle brush for combing hair in the best way. In addition to this, trim the hair frequently. Especially, scissors should be used regularly near eyes, ears and tail. The tangle-free condition and good quality shampoo is a necessity for minimizing matting.
- Offer them regular bath: You should bathe your poodle at least once in a week. Take a tub of warm water and allow the coat to saturate completely. Make certain that they are wet up to the skin. Towel them properly and remove the excess moisture. Do gentle brushing while blow-drying. Making them bathe frequently will avoid make the coat soft.
- Clip their nails frequently: Nail is an essential part of poodle’s grooming. Clip them frequently, as if you let them grow exceedingly, it can damage the feet of your coddled pooch. Use proper nail clippers from any good pet supply store. It is a good step to learn how to clip the poodle’s nail properly from a veterinary doctor or a groomer. You should avoid attempting it yourself first time.
- Teeth’s care is essential: As same as the humans need proper dental care, the dogs also need it. The tooth decay can occur can occur as a consequence of neglecting proper dental care. The toothbrush you are using must be of soft bristles and the toothpaste should be of good quality. Brush the dog’s teeth at least once in the month. Apply the brush gently all around the teeth.
- Check their ears on a regular basis: The ear of the poodle dogs need to be checked on a regular basis. Wax deposits or dirt can be cleaned by cotton-tibbed swab dipped in mineral oil. Do not go deep in to their ears. It would be great if you learn the process through an experienced groomer or a vet. As it is an important factor of their grooming, do not skip the cleaning of their ears.
- Keep their eyes clear: Usually, the dried materials get collected in the corners of the dog eyes, which can be cleared through using a cotton swab dipped in warm water and moving it gently at corners. Never rub the cotton on their eyes because the fibers may result into irritation. In case of any sort of eye issue, get them treat by a veterinarian in no time.
- Poodle’s coat must be clipped regularly: The clipping of poodle’s coat can be clipped in several ways. Clipping the coat on regular basis makes them look good and makes their hair strong as well. You can choose from the different styles and make them look unique and chic. You may consult a groomer if you are not certain to what style you should choose for you close to heart poodle.
The poodles are the friendly dogs that are lovely to be with. Take the proper care of them and provide them careful grooming in order to make them the talk of the town.