Call us Now +91-8744012053
Mon - Sat ~ 10:00 AM - 6:00 PMFollow & Like
When our canine companion chews, it is a natural and acceptable behavior for them. The real problem arises when your pooch chews on dangerous, inappropriate, or expensive items. Inappropriate chewing problem is a fairly common in the puppies because they use their mouths as a means of exploring the world around them. If inappropriate chewing is not corrected in your dog, it can lead to a wide scale destruction of personal property as well as medical problems and erosion of the human-animal bond.
What Causes Dogs to Chew?
The inappropriate chewing in dogs occurs due to:
• Loneliness or boredom
• Separation anxiety, this form of chewing often occurs if the owner remains long hours away from the home
• Teething in puppies
• Fear or a phobia
• Seeking attention
• Through anticipation, as some dogs chew just before their human companion is due to arrive home
It is quite important that to stop dogs’ inappropriate chewing habit because not only it frustrates, but also it can be very dangerous for the dogs. If your pooch chews into poisons, electric wires, and any number of other objects, he could be in serious danger.
What to do for stopping inappropriate chewing problem in dog?
You can do following things to stop this behavior in your dog:
1. The first step is to identify the cause of the behavior
2. If your dog is in early stage of development, chances are he is teething and chewing to getting used to new teeth. This type of chewing is acceptable, but in the meantime you will want to keep him in restricted quarters and especially when you are not around. You can give your pooch one or two really good chew toys. If your pooch chews unacceptable items, tell him “no”, but end on a positive note by giving your dog his chew toy and praising him
3. If the cause of chewing is boredom, exercise you dog. Your pooch needs to run every day and mental exercises, like the training sessions, are the best ways to wear out your canine companion by making him think. Besides, you can supply your pooch with the challenging toys like food that will keep him busy or those with places to hide toys.
4. If you dog needs your presence all the time and becomes destructive when you leave him, he may be suffering from the separation anxiety. You should follow tips to cure separation anxiety in your dog
5. One of the best ways to deal with the chewing problem of your dog is to crate train him