Call us Now +91-8744012053
Mon - Sat ~ 10:00 AM - 6:00 PMFollow & Like
There can be various reasons your dog might be grazing on your lawn. Some of the reasons are as follows:
• Dogs eat grass when they do not feel well. They eat grass to make themselves vomit, and then they feel better.
• Other suggested reasons why your dog eats grass include treating intestinal worms, improving digestion, or fulfilling some unmet nutritional need, including the need for fibre.
• Some veterinary doctors say that anemia and bleeding in the gastrointestinal tract also cause dogs to eat grass and dirt.
• Eating grass can also be behavioral issue in your dog. In this, dogs can develop obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) regarding the grass and start eating the grass.
How to stop your dog from eating grass?
You can follow below mentioned methods to stop your dog from eating grass:
• If you suspect that your dog is eating grass because he is bored, then make sure your pooch is getting enough exercise and engage him in some fun activities.
• In case of nutritional deficiency, you should switch to a better dog food; especially a high-fibre food could help alleviate this problem.
Most pet experts agree that eating grass is not harmful, but one thing to keep in mind is that certain pesticides and herbicides used on lawns can be toxic to your pooch, especially if ingested. In addition to this, some common garden and house plants are toxic, which could lead to various problems if your pooch munches on them along with the lawn.