Call us Now Call us+91-8744012053

Mon - Sat ~ 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Follow & Like

Can Dogs Eat Mushrooms?


The answer of this question is No! Many dog experts put the mushrooms in the list that your pooch should never eat. However, most of the mushrooms that are available in your local grocery or supermarket are safe for the dogs. Still, you should give only a little amount of mushrooms to your dog.

[Food not to feed your Dogs- 10 Foods Not To Feed Your Dog ]

Large consumption of mushrooms can cause various health issues in your dog such as:

  • Gastrointestinal irritation like diarrhoea and vomiting
  • Muscarinic signs which include excessive salivation and tear production
  • Bradycardia (a very slow heartbeat)
  • Depression and lethargy
  • Hallucinogenic syndrome
  • Yellowing of the eyes (jaundice) and seizure
[Nutrition and Feeding- What to Feed Your Dog in Summer ]

Treatment for Mushroom Toxicity:

If your dog is showing mushroom toxicity, then there are various effective treatments that are mainly symptomatic and directed at stabilizing the dog by neutralizing or removing the source of toxicity.Typical treatment for mushroom toxicity includes inducing vomiting to decontaminate your dog’s stomach. Furthermore, activated charcoal may be used to absorb any remaining toxins in the stomach of your pet if the vomiting doesn’t produce the entire ingested mushroom. If a dog has eaten mushrooms it is recommended that you pick the remaining mushrooms, put them in a paper bag and then refrigerate them to preserve them for examination. Mushroom should not be refrigerated in the plastic bags, as it will breakdown too quickly in plastic bags.


Swati takes pride of being a dog lover. Her current passions include blogging, writing and collecting dog pictures of various breeds. She is an active member of stray dog care society.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *