Call us Now +91-8744012053
Mon - Sat ~ 10:00 AM - 6:00 PMFollow & Like
Fleas are not only annoying nuisance, but they can also be hazardous for your feline friend. These pesky insects become most active in favorable temperatures i.e. warm weather. Fleas are very active insects, feeding on blood from your kitten. They easily jump onto passing animals and burrow down into their fur, where they stay hidden while biting and ingesting blood. The bites of fleas can cause severe inflammation and itching. Apart from unpleasantness and discomfort, the flea infestation, if left unchecked, can lead to your feline’s developing serious medical conditions, such as tapeworms or anemia. In this article, we will explain you various easy ways to rid your cat of the flea problem.
1. Flea Comb
It is quite similar to the flea comb for the dogs. Fleas hate the smell of lemon, and it seems to help deter them. Combining the lemon with a flea comb does twice as good a job. By doing this, you can get the pests out with the comb, while leaving a lasting scent of lemon that will keep the fleas from coming back.
For performing this task, you will need a fine toothed comb or flea comb, 2-3 lemons, 3 cups of water, a spray bottle and a pot
Pour 3-4 cups of water into a pot and add in 3-4 chopped up lemons. Now, boil it for 10-15 minutes and remove from the heat. After that lightly mist your cat and go through their fur with the comb. You can also pour the liquid into a bowl and soak the flea comb directly in solution and then go over your furry friend. You should do this at least twice a day. If your feline friend seems to think the lemon is unpleasant, you should try something else.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar Bath or Spray
Apple Cider Vinegar is a good way to naturally remove fleas, especially on kittens. Its foul smell keeps fleas at bay. You can apply this during a bath or as a spray.
For performing this task, you will need a spray bottle, several cups of apple cider vinegar, and some very mild shampoo that is safe for cats (optional).
You can fill a spray bottle with apple cider vinegar and apply it directly to the coat, and then leave on. Alternatively you can bathe your cat, either with just apple cider vinegar, or apple cider vinegar and mild shampoo mixed together. If you are using only apple cider vinegar spray, apply a generous amount onto your cat’s fur and let it sit on your cat for 5-6 minutes before rinsing it off. Now, follow the bath with a flea comb. Some good shampoos for this purpose are:
3. Some other tips:
You can also follow below mentioned tips
1. You can apply a flea-control product to the skin of your feline friend. Some of these products are:
2. You should wash all beddings of cat in hot water, and dry it in the dryer on high heat.
3. Vacuum the any bedding and carpet that could not go in the washing machine on daily basis and empty the bag or canister each time.
4. You can use a professional exterminator if the flea infestation is serious one, but make sure all dishes and foods are covered and all pets and humans are out of the house when the house is being treated.
5. Spray a flea treatment in your garden, again making sure that all humans and pets stay out of the garden for the length of time specified in the product’s directions.